Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Acorn Media Acquires Majority Ownership of Agatha Christie Ltd.

Acorn Media

Acorn Media announced today that it has acquired a 64% stake in Agatha Christie Limited. (The Christie family holds the remaining 36%.)

This milestone acquisition gives Acorn Media majority ownership of Christie's extensive works including more than 80 novels and short story collections, 19 plays, a film library of nearly 40 TV films, and iconic characters Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple, among many others.

Acorn Media Group Chairman Peter Edwards said, "This is a momentous occasion for Acorn Media and a gratifying one for me personally. While we are keenly aware of the financial and strategic worth of this transaction for Acorn Media, we are also grateful to partner with the Agatha Christie family in the promoting and protecting of their family legacy."

(Source: Press release.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Omnimystery Blog Archive

Total Pageviews (last 30 days)

Omnimystery News
Original Content Copyright © 2020 — Omnimystery, a Family of Mystery Websites — All Rights Reserved
Guest Post Content (if present) Copyright © 2020 — Contributing Author — All Rights Reserved